Friday, November 18, 2005

Everything's my jam

I came into kindergarten today and heard the sweet sounds of LOVE FM. During an afterschool program somebody was able to tune it in for teacher, so now it stays on forever, never to be lost. If the radio needs to be off, the volume is just turned lower.

An hour or so later, all the kids are sitting on the carpet listening to teacher read when suddenly-

"Oooh! this is my SONG!" Teacher starts bobbing and snapping. "Class hush up, this is my song!" I put the volume up a bit and she started singing. Giggling kids were quieted and then

"Hey D! Come up here and dance with me..." Beautiful. Five year olds should always be asked to dance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dow Jones said...

Wow, I am now officially jealous of your job.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Big Brother Matrix said...

nice story.

when i was substitute teaching a behavioral-problem-kids class in urban Peoria, a 16-year old kid (who proudly showed me his name emblazoned on his cell phone screen - Dirty Dan) was allowed to freestyle for an hour and a half straight. it was great.

he dissed my khakis.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home